Bubble wrap

Revision as of 14:16, 29 April 2016 by Jruggiero (talk | contribs) (Text replace - "== Authority ==" to "== Sources Checked for Data in Record ==")
Jump to: navigation, search
Bubble wrap


A double layer of plastic film containing sealed bubbles, or air pockets, between the layers. Bubble wrap is typically made from polyethylene films, but some brands may be composed of polyvinylidene chloride or polyvinyl chloride. The flexible material is available in varying widths and bubble sizes. Bubble wraps are often used for wrapping and cushioning objects during shipment. However, none should come into direct contact with a valuable object.

Synonyms and Related Terms

bubble-wrap; Artifact bubble wrap; bubble pack; air fill; Luftpolsterfolie (Deut.)

Sources Checked for Data in Record

  • Marjorie Shelley, The Care and Handling of Art Objects, The Metropolitan Museum, New York, 1987
  • Pam Hatchfield, Pollutants in the Museum Environment, Archetype Press, London, 2002
  • Random House, Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language, Grammercy Book, New York, 1997
  • The American Heritage Dictionary or Encarta, via Microsoft Bookshelf 98, Microsoft Corp., 1998

Retrieved from "http://cameo.mfa.org/index.php?title=Bubble_wrap&oldid=48581"