This is the Cultural Artifacts section of the Dye Analysis database. This section comprises records of analyses of dye-containing samples from cultural artifacts. Subcategories within this section include subcategories Textiles, Paintings, and Objects. A record generally shows results from one object, which will be identified by title, attribution, owner and owner’s identification information. If possible, an image of the cultural artifact is included. Artifacts are divided into the three subcategories textiles, paintings and objects. Within each record are be images of chromatograms and other data associated with the analysis of samples that contained dyes. The records will not discuss material aspects of a given work of art that are not directly to the dye-containing sample or samples. References to other analyses are given and can be consulted for this additional information.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Cultural Artifacts"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- MAA 6-1-05 A, embroidered suzani, central Asia (late 19th century to 20th century)
- MAA КП1276/3, embroidered suzani, central Asia (19th century)
- MFA 1999.128, Silk samite, China (12th–14th century)
- MFA 30.121, Painted cotton fragment, India (18th century)
- MFA 33.371, Fragment with wrestling lions and harpies, Southern Spain (early 12th century)
- MFA 35.1967, Fragment of silk, Japan (9th or 10th century)
- MFA 35.1968, Fragment of silk, Japan (9th or 10th century)
- MFA 35.1969, Textile fragment with floral design, Japan (Nara period, 8th century)
- MFA 35.1972, fragment of silk waving, Japan (Nara period, 8th century)
- MFA 44.750, Embroidered picture by Katherine Greene, America (1745)
- MFA 47.1097, wool poncho, Peru (1476–1534)
- MFA 52.1690, pink yarns embroidered cotton bedcover, probably Peruvian Colonial (1661)
- MFA 59.22, Embroidered picture by Ann Peartree, America (1739)
- V&A T.184-1948, Embroidery on gauze-banded plain weave silk robe, China (late 17th century-18th century)
- V&A T.187-1948, Woman's robe of weft-pattern woven silk, China (early 18th century)
- V&A T.43-1952, Embroidered robe, China (1770-1820)
- V&A T.753-1950, Emperor's court robe, China (1875-1908)
- V&A T.9-1923, Embroidered child's robe, China (19th century)