[Neschen AG] A registered trademark for a series of transparent adhesive tapes. The Filmoplast tapes use either clear tissue or white paper carriers and a pH-neutral to alkaline, non-yellowing, water-based acrylic dispersion adhesive (Arenstein et al. 2019).
- Filmoplast P: tissue carrier acid-free mending tape
- Filmoplast P1: translucent paper carrier
- Invisible dry mending of paper documents
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Filmoplast P: pH = 8.8 (unaged tape) and 8.1 (aged tape)
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Rachael Perkins Arenstein, Lisa Goldberg, and Eugenie Milroy, ‘Support and Rehousing for Collection Storage’ In ‘Preventive Conservation: Collection Storage’ Lisa Elkin and Christopher A. Norris (eds.), Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections, New York. 2019.