A brand name for fabric series made with white, nonwoven polyester fibers. Hollytex is spunbonded from a continuous filament which results in a strong, lint-free, lightweight fabric with no added binders or pigments. It is calendared to form a very smooth surface. Hollytex is used as a support material, release paper, filtering agent, and interleaving paper. It is also used as a backing material for the 2-layer GORE-TEX® laminate.
Some products and thicknesses available are:
- 3491 : thickness = 1.5 mil
- 3257 : thickness = 2.5 mil
- 3221 : thickness = 2.8 mil
- 3335 : thickness = 4.7 mil
- 3265 : thickness = 5.3 mil
- 3261 : thickness = 6.5 mil
Synonyms and Related Terms
Does not absorb water. Can be thermally and ultrasonically welded.
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Website address 1 Comment: TALAS (Hollytex): http://nt.bnt.com/talas/menu.html?category=139
- Website address 2 Comment: NEDCC (Holly-Tex): http://www.nedcc.org/plam3/tleaf64.htm
- Website address 3 Comment: Conservation by design (Holytex): http://www.conservation-by-design.co.uk/papers/papers28.html
- Website address 4 Comment: PEL (Holytex): http://www.preservationequipment.com/372.html