Interleaving paper

Revision as of 07:28, 24 July 2013 by (talk)
Jump to: navigation, search
Interleaving paper


A thin separating paper placed between pages of a book or between stacked prints, works of art, or photographs. Interleaving paper prevents the transfer of ink from one page to another. It also minimizes abrasion between the two surfaces. Examples of interleaving paper include: tissue paper, tengujo, gampi, glassine.

Synonyms and Related Terms

separator; barrier sheet; interleaf

Additional Images


  • The Dictionary of Paper, American Paper Institute, New York, Fourth Edition, 1980
  • E.J.LaBarre, Dictionary and Encyclopedia of Paper and Paper-making, Swets & Zeitlinger, Amsterdam, 1969
  • Matt Roberts, Don Etherington, Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books: a Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington DC, 1982
  • A Glossary of Paper Conservation Terms, Margaret Ellis (ed.), Conservation Center of the Institute of Fine Arts, New York City, 1998
  • Silvie Turner, Which Paper?, Design Press, New York, 1991

Retrieved from ""