Interleaving paper

Revision as of 06:40, 1 May 2016 by Jruggiero (talk | contribs) (Text replace - "== Authority ==" to "== Sources Checked for Data in Record ==")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Interleaving paper


A thin separating paper placed between pages of a book or between stacked prints, works of art, or photographs. Interleaving paper prevents the transfer of ink from one page to another. It also minimizes abrasion between the two surfaces. Examples of interleaving paper include: tissue paper, tengujo, gampi, glassine.

Synonyms and Related Terms

separator; barrier sheet; interleaf

Additional Images

Sources Checked for Data in Record

  • The Dictionary of Paper, American Paper Institute, New York, Fourth Edition, 1980
  • E.J.LaBarre, Dictionary and Encyclopedia of Paper and Paper-making, Swets & Zeitlinger, Amsterdam, 1969
  • Matt Roberts, Don Etherington, Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books: a Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington DC, 1982
  • A Glossary of Paper Conservation Terms, Margaret Ellis (ed.), Conservation Center of the Institute of Fine Arts, New York City, 1998
  • Silvie Turner, Which Paper?, Design Press, New York, 1991

Retrieved from ""