[Kimtech Science, formerly Kimberly-Clark Inc, Georgia] A registered trademark for a series of single-ply disposable wiping cloths. Kimwipes are advertised as low-lint, low-extractable, wipes made from 100% virgin fibers that can pick up and hold oil dust and liquids without scratching surfaces or leaving residue. The wipes Kimwipes EX-L contain an anti-static coating.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Kimwipes EX-L; Kim Wipes; task wipes
- Useful in the cleaning of a variety of materials with delicate surfaces in laboratories such as glassware, slides, pipettes, and other laboratory instruments.
Information Sheet: Kimwipes
Physical and Chemical Properties
Store at room temperature, avoid humidity and keep out of extreme heat. (VWR website link)
Forms and Sizes
- 1-ply (8.4” x 4.4”, 11.8” x 11.8”, 16.6” x 14.7”)
- 2-ply (11.8” x 11.8”, 16.6” x 14.7”)
- 3-ply (11.8” x 11.8”)
Resources and Citations
- Kimberly-Clark Professional Website
- Rio Lopez, contributed information, MWG group, 2020.
- Kimberly-Clark: Kimtech Website
- Product Information from box