[Roseburg] A brand name for a Medium density fiberboard (MDF) that is made from recycled wood fibers bonded with a formaldehyde-free resin, then compressed into a hardboard. Medite®, first introduced in 1976 the UK by Medite/Smartply, is manufactured in North America by Roseburg. Medite®, has a uniform, smooth, hard surface that cuts cleanly. It meets all US EPA emission regulations for formaldehyde.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Medite; Medite II; Medite 2F; Medite Superlite
Medite® is commonly used as a structural material for pedestals, display decks, display panels and risers.
Produces fine wood dust. Potential eye and respiratory irritant. Dust should be collected by suction cleaning equipment.
The risks of organic acids to collections can be mitigated by using barrier materials.
- Standard wood product finishing processes. Medite® can be painted, stained, laminated, veneered or covered with display fabric.
- Readily accepts and holds hardware including staples, screws, other wood fastening hardware. Ideal for pressure fitting mounts.
- Panels available in 4' and 5' widths and lengths up to 18'.
- Thicknesses ranging from 3/8" - 1 and 1/4".
Links to Oddy Test results posted on AIC Wiki Materials Database Pages for individual materials below
Resources and Citations
- The Medite® webpage on the Roseburg manufacturer's website contains links to technical data sheets, safety data sheets and other technical information (accessed 4/2020)