1) A paper coated with a thin layer of Metal. One method for producing the shiny metallic surface is by adhering Aluminum powder or Bronze powder with lacquer. Alternatively, a metal layer (e.g., Zinc, Aluminum, Bronze) can be vacuum deposited on the paper. Metallic paper has a much thinner coating of metal than Foil paper; it also has more flexibility and resilience.
Synonyms and Related Terms
metal paper; foil paper; papier métallisé (Fr.)
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- G.S.Brady, Materials Handbook, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1971 Comment: p. 578
- Boise Cascade Paper Group, The Paper Handbook, Boise Cascade, Portland OR, 1989
- The Dictionary of Paper, American Paper Institute, New York, Fourth Edition, 1980
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus Online, http://www.getty.edu/research/tools/vocabulary/aat/, J. Paul Getty Trust, Los Angeles, 2000