[Rohm & Haas] A registered trademark for a clear, colorless, thermoplastic acrylic resin. Paraloid® B-66 (formerly called Acryloid® B-66 in the United States) is composed of a methyl methacrylate and butyl methacrylate copolymer. Paraloid® B-66 is used for paints and clear coatings over wood, plastic and fabric. It produces a hard, durable surface, but yellows and becomes insoluble with time. Paraloid® B-66 is supplied as solid pellets or as 51% solids solution in toluene (Paraloid® B-66T) and in xylene (Paraloid® B-66X).
Synonyms and Related Terms
Acryloid® B-66; Paraloid® B-66X; Paraloid® B-66T; Paraloid B66 (sp); Paraloid B-66 (sp); Acryloid B66 (sp); Acryloid B-66 (sp)
|Molecular Weight||Tg = 50 C|
J. Down, M.MacDonald, J.Te'treault, S.Williams, Adhesive Testing at the Canadian Conservation Institute-An Evaluation of Selected Poly(Vinyl acetate) and Acrylic Adhesives", Studies in Conservation 41:19-44, 1996.
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Cricket Harbeck, Adhesives Commonly used in Objects Conservation, unpublished, 1996
- Jane Down, Maureen MacDonald, Jean Te'treault, Scott Williams, Adhesive testing at the Canadian Conservation Institute-An evaluation of selected poly(vinyl acetate) and acrylic adhesives., Studies in Conservation, 41, 19-44, 1996
- Product Information Comment: Rohm and Haas acryloid acrylic resins sheet.1986.
- Website address 1 Comment: www.rohmhaas.com