[Rohm & Haas] A registered trademark for an aqueous acrylic emulsion. Rhoplex N-580 is composed of polybutyl acrylate. The emulsion has a solids content of 54-56% with a pH of 7.5-8.5. Rhoplex N-580 dries to for a slightly tacky film that is used as a pressure sensitive adhesive.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Hazards and Safety
J. Down, M.MacDonald, J.Te'treault, S.Williams, Adhesive Testing at the Canadian Conservation Institute-An Evaluation of Selected Poly(Vinyl acetate) and Acrylic Adhesives", Studies in Conservation 41:19-44, 1996.
Links to Oddy Test results posted on AIC Wiki Materials Database Pages for individual materials below
° Rhoplex N-580 tested in 2013
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Book and Paper Group, Book and Paper Group, Paper Conservation Catalog, AIC, 1984, 1989
- Marie Svoboda, Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Jane Down, Maureen MacDonald, Jean Te'treault, Scott Williams, Jane Down, Maureen MacDonald, Jean Te'treault, Scott Williams, Adhesive testing at the Canadian Conservation Institute-An evaluation of selected poly(vinyl acetate) and acrylic adhesives., Studies in Conservation, 41, 19-44, 1996
- Teri Hensick, Teri Hensick, contributed information, 1998
- Conservation Materials Ltd., Conservation Materials Ltd., Catalog
- Conservation Support Systems, Conservation Support Systems, Catalog, 1997
- Website address 1, Website address 1 Comment: www.rohmhaas.com