[Liquitex] A registered trademark for a series of glossy, satin, and matte picture varnishes. Soluvar varnishes are composed of a mixture of n-butyl and isobutyl methacrylates (Paraloid B-67 and F-10) resins. Soluvar varnishes are designed for use on colors polymer (e.g., acrylic, vinyl), paint casein, and tempera paintings.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Liquitex Soluvar Picture Varnish; Soluvar Gloss Picture Varnish; Soluvar Matte Picture Varnish
Soluble in Stoddard solvent, mineral spirits and turpentine.
Hazards and Safety
Soluvar Matte Picture Varnish: MSDS
Soluvar Gloss Picture Varnish: MSDS
Liquitex: Product information
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Richard C. Wolbers, Nanette T. Sterman, Chris Stavroudis, Richard C. Wolbers, Nanette T. Sterman, Chris Stavroudis, Notes for Workshop on New Methods in the Cleaning of Paintings, J.Paul Getty Trust, Los Angeles, 1990
- Marie Svoboda, Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Gordon Hanlon, Gordon Hanlon, contributed information, 1998
- Teri Hensick, Teri Hensick, contributed information, 1998
- Conservation Materials Ltd., Conservation Materials Ltd., Catalog
- Conservation Support Systems, Conservation Support Systems, Catalog, 1997