Difference between revisions of "Test Material13"
(Created page with " ''In-Progress For Tycore Board Page. --Abby '' ---- <big> Tycore Board</big> thumb|Caption with credit == Description == Tycore boar...")
Revision as of 18:44, 30 June 2020
In-Progress For Tycore Board Page. --Abby
Tycore board is a paper based mounting board off-white in color. The board is constructed of a honeycomb cell interior sandwiched between two heavy-weight facing papers. It is made of pure alpha cellulosefiber buffered against acid migration with calcium carbonate with a pH of 8. An archival standard adhesive was used to adhere the facing paper and honeycomb cells together.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Archival Honeycomb Panels, Acid-Free Honeycomb board, Hexamount, Timecare Paper Honeycomb.
Not all honeycomb panels are made of pure alpha-cellulose fiber. Some honeycomb panels are made with potentially problematic materials such as acidic paper or poor quality adhesive. Double check the materials listed before use.
Tycore board is used for backing in large frames, mounting works of art and textiles, free-standing displays, and packaging or storage.
Not classified as hazardous
- Alpha Cellulose Fiber
- Buffered with Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3)
- Archival Standard Adhesive (Usually Starch)
- Acid and Lignin Free
- Adhesive can gradually become brittle and yellow with age depending on the material, weakening the board.
- Tycore board passes the PAT Test and Oddy Testing (Tycore Board, Conservation by Design, 01/16/2014, BM : )
- The honeycomb structure creates a rigid, strong board with high compression strength that is lightweight.
- It can be cut with a knife or a saw.
Forms and Sizes
Tycore board comes in large sheets of various sizes ranging from:
- 48 x 96 x 1/2" (1219 x 2438 x 12.7 mm)
- 32 x 48 x 1/2” (812.8 x 1219.2 x 12.7 mm)
- 30 X 40 x 3/4" (762 x 1016 x 19.05 mm)
- 40 x 60 x 3/4” (1016 x 1524 x 19.05 mm)
Resources and Citations