[Union Carbide] A brand name for a low-molecular weight thermoplastic polyvinyl acetate resin. AYAT has an average molecular weight of about 167,000. AYAT does not contain any additives.
Synonyms and Related Terms
European equivalent is Mowilith 60; Vinylite (former name)
Soluble in acetone, toluene. Resistant to fats, greases, dilute acids and alkalis.
|Molecular Weight||Tg = 26 C|
J. Down, M.MacDonald, J.Te'treault, S.Williams, Adhesive Testing at the Canadian Conservation Institute-An Evaluation of Selected Poly(Vinyl acetate) and Acrylic Adhesives", Studies in Conservation 41:19-44, 1996.
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- C.V.Horie, Materials for Conservation, Butterworth-Heineman, London, 1997
- Conservation Materials Ltd., Catalog
- Jane Down, Maureen MacDonald, Jean Te'treault, Scott Williams, Adhesive testing at the Canadian Conservation Institute-An evaluation of selected poly(vinyl acetate) and acrylic adhesives., Studies in Conservation, 41, 19-44, 1996
- Product Information Comment: Union Cardide