Apoxie epoxy putty
[Aves Studio] An epoxy sculpting clay with smooth, putty-like consistency that is hand mixable and self-hardening. Apoxie® Sculpt cures in 24 hrs. to a semi-gloss finish that can be sculpted, sanded, and filed. It accepts paints, stains, mica powders & more for a variety of finishing options.
Currently the types of Apoxie products are:
- Apoxie Clay:
- Apoxie Sculpt:
- Apoxie Super White:
- Mounts (exhibit and traveling)
- Casting bases for small pieces
- Dick Blick: SDS Sheet
Links to Oddy Test results posted on AIC Wiki Materials Database Pages for individual materials below
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Resin: Bisphenol A epoxy
- Filler: Talc, silicates with titanium dioxide in white
- Hardener: triethylenetetramine
- Mix proportion: 1:1 (by weight)
- Very workable
- Cures without heat in 24 hrs.
- Softer than Fixit
- Semi-gloss finish.
- Adheres to nearly any surface.
- Accepts paints, stains, mica powders.
- Machines well
Forms and Sizes
- Color kits for: White, Black, Gray, Silver-grey, Brown, Bronze, Pink, Orange, Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Natural
- Tub sizes: 1/10 lb, 1/4 lb, 1 lb, 4 lb, 20 lb
Resources and Citations
- AveStudio Apoxie: website
- Farrar, BJ, Jeff Maish, Mara Schiro, 'A Preliminary Review of Some Alternatives to PhillySeal R Epoxy for Conservation and Mountmaking' WAAC Newsletter 31(1), Jan 2009, Link