Other Greens: Ukiyo-e colorant
Other greens detected so far are:
- Malachite is used in early handcolored prints but disappears once color printing is introduced.
- dayflower, lead, orpiment
- dayflower, flavonoid
- dayflower, orpiment
- indigo?, flavonoid
- Prussian blue, orpiment
Examples of Other greens in Ukiyo-e Prints
List of Prints
Below is a list of prints where the various green mixtures were detected.
Pages in category "Other Greens: Ukiyo-e colorant"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Kiyomasu II, Actor Ogino Izaburô I as Yamagami Gennai, Acting in the Aragoto Style with the Sumikazura Wig, 11.13297
- Kiyomitsu I, Actor Segawa Kikunojô II as Itsuki, 11.19020
- Kuniyoshi, (Actor Ichikawa Ebizô V as) Inuyama Dôsetsu, from the series The Lives of Eight Brave and Loyal Dog Heroes, 11.28841
- Kuniyoshi, Drying Board Suggesting Hiyodorigoe, from the series Women in Benkei-checked Fabrics, 11.36363