Clean Seal gaskets
Clean Seal Inc. is a company that provides custom made gaskets and seals from either sponge (open-cell) or solid (closed-cell) elastomers. Their extruded forms used closed-cell elastomers to provide clean, smooth surfaces in continuous lengths. They have choices for many complex and unusual shapes.
Clean Seal provides gaskets using the following materials:
- EPDM: Ethylene-Propylene-Diene-Monomer has excellent resistant to ultraviolet light, ozone, oxidants, heat, and compression set as well as good abrasion resistance and adhesion
- Neoprene: Polychloroprene is considered an excellent all-purpose material with good weathering, flame retardancy, high tensile and tear strength. It also has excellent abrasion resistance as well as adhesion.
- Nitrile: Closed-cell nitrile rubbers produce very dense, solid forms. The have very dense in solid form. Good physical properties performing excellent with adhesion and abrasion resistance. Broad temperature range. Can be specially compounded for resistance to ozone and sunlight.
- Silicone: Silicone produces the most stable of all elastomers with high flexibility. It is resistant to sunlight, oxygen and moisture with no odor or taste. Its disadvantage is poor abrasion resistance and tear strength.
- Expanded Polypropylene: EPP is an eco-friendly flexible material that provide lightweight cushioning with good thermal stability and excellent impact protection.
- Case sealing
Links to Oddy Test results posted on AIC Wiki Materials Database Pages for individual materials below
- Clean Seal Gasket EPDM 105, BKM 2017
- Clean Seal Gasket Silicone 8490, BKM 2017
- Clean Seal Gasket EPDM 1153B, BKM 2018
- Clean Seal Gasket Silicone 8958P, BKM 2018
- Clean Seal Gasket Silicone 8325 Black with tape, CMA 2011
- Clean Seal Gasket Silicone 8325 Black with tape, CMA 2012
Resources and Citations
- Clean Seal at cleanseal.com (accessed 4/2021)