A wood fiberboard faced with a waterproof-coated Fir/Hemlock plywood that is easily painted. Crezon is designed to provide smoother, more stable exterior than fiberboards with an advertised 5 year outdoor life that has high strength and light weight with superior surface lifetime and high screw-holding ability. It is available pre-primed.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Crezon Two-Step MDO [Swanson Group]
- MWG: specified for a natural history collection
- Advertised: Exterior signs, pallets, crates; wall linings, theater scenery.
Olympic Panel (Plywood Company): Coated MDO
- Advertised as very low formaldehyde emissions
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Advertised with waterproof coating and water proof adhesives.
- Easy to cut into different shapes, accepts vinyl and paint well.
- Can be braced with several sheets together.
- Edges are factory sawn and easily accept acrylic, polyurethane, or polyurethane-acrylic coatings
Forms and Sizes
Available in 3/8", 1/2" & 3/4" thickness. thicknesses with either one or both sides 'good' (i.e. faced with plywood).