- turned to draft***Rayon produced from pure cellulose dissolved in an ammonium solution of copper oxide. Cuprammonium rayon is commonly called cupro fiber.
Synonyms and Related Terms
cupro fiber; rayón cuproamoniacal (Esp.); cupro (koperrayon) (Ned);
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Hoechst Celanese Corporation, Dictionary of Fiber & Textile Technology (older version called Man-made Fiber and Textile Dictionary, 1965), Hoechst Celanese Corporation, Charlotte NC, 1990
- S.R.Trotman, E.R. Trotman, Textile Analysis, J.B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia, 1932
- Rosalie Rosso King, Textile Identification, Conservation, and Preservation, Noyes Publications, Park Ridge, NJ, 1985
- Marjory L. Joseph, Introductory Textile Science, Holt, Rinehart and Winston, Fort Worth, TX, 1986