Green is a color produced by light having a spectrum dominated by energy with a wavelength of about 490–560 nm. It is considered a primary color in the RGB additive color model, but is a secondary color in the traditional RYB color wheel made by mixing blue and yellow. An average green color is represented by the following color coordinates:
- Hex triplet: #008000 (HTML/CSS)
- RGB: (0, 128~255, 0); CMYK (0, 0, 0, 100)
- HSV: (120°, 100%, 50~100%)
Examples of inorganic green pigments:
- earth green (celadonite, glauconite, terre verte).
- oxides (viridian, chromic oxide, chrome green, cobalt green).
- other (emerald green, atacamite, brochantite).
Examples of organic green pigments:
- plant (sap green, chlorophyll).
- synthetic (verdigris, phthalocyanine, Brilliant Green).
Synonyms and Related Terms
grøn (Dan.); Grün (Deut.); verde (Esp., It., Port.); pigments verts (Fr.); viridus (Lat.); groen (Ned.); grön (Sven.); pigmentos verdes (Port.)