Lascaux Hydrosealer 750
[Alois K Diethelm, Switzerland] A trademark for a thermoplastic acrylic composed of fine styrene acrylate particles (0.06 micrometers) in a 30% solids aqueous dispersion. Lascaux Hydrosealer 750 is used for consolidation of friable and cupping paint. For use with oil paints, the manufacturer recommends the addition of a wetting agent (0.1%) to increase penetration of the consolidant.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Lascaux Hydroseal 750
Aqueous dispersion: pH = 9-10 Dry film: Soluble in acetone, ethanol, toluene and xylene. Insoluble in water.
|Molecular Weight||pH (dispersion) = 9-10|
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Teri Hensick, contributed information, 1998
- Conservation Materials Ltd., Catalog
- Conservation Support Systems, Catalog, 1997
- Product Information Comment: manufacturer's literature