[Proctor & Gamble] A trademark for an anionic detergent that contains a modified ammonium lauryl sulfate with sodium alkyl sulfate. Orvus® is a light amber colored liquid with a pH of 6.3. It is a biodegradable detergent and is also used as an emulsifier and thickener. Orvus® is used as a textile detergent and shampoo.
Soluble in water.
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Caring for your Collections, Arthur W Schulz (ed.), Harry N. Abrams, Inc. , New York, 1992
- Richard C. Wolbers, Nanette T. Sterman, Chris Stavroudis, Notes for Workshop on New Methods in the Cleaning of Paintings, J.Paul Getty Trust, Los Angeles, 1990
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Gordon Hanlon, contributed information, 1998
- Conservation Materials Ltd., Catalog
- Conservation Support Systems, Catalog, 1997