[Rohm & Haas] A registered trademark for a clear, colorless, thermoplastic acrylic resin. Paraloid® F-10 (formerly called Acryloid® F-10 in the United States) is composed of n-butyl methacrylate homopolymer. It is supplied as a 40% solids solution in mineral spirits. Paraloid® F-10 is used for paints, inks and coatings. It is softer and more flexible that Paraloid® B-72. Paraloid® F-10 has also been used as a heat sealing adhesive. When used for nap-bonding of net support, it adheres to the surface of the textile rather than penetrating (Lewis 1983).
Synonyms and Related Terms
Acryloid® F-10; Paraloid F10 (sp); Acryloid F-10 (sp); Paraloid F-10 (sp)
Soluble in petroleum hydrocarbons; mineral spirits.
|Molecular Weight||Tg = 20 C|
° J. Down, M.MacDonald, J.Te'treault, S.Williams, Adhesive Testing at the Canadian Conservation Institute-An Evaluation of Selected Poly(Vinyl acetate) and Acrylic Adhesives", Studies in Conservation 41:19-44, 1996. ° G.M.Lewis, N.T.Muir, N.S.Yates, "The Link Between the Treatments for Paintings and the Treatments for Painted Textiles" Conservation-Restoration of Church Textiles and Painting Flags. Vol. 2:169-182, Veszprem, 1983.
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Ralph Mayer, A Dictionary of Art Terms and Techniques, Harper and Row Publishers, New York, 1969 (also 1945 printing)
- Conservation Materials Ltd., Catalog
- Conservation Support Systems, Catalog, 1997
- Jane Down, Maureen MacDonald, Jean Te'treault, Scott Williams, Adhesive testing at the Canadian Conservation Institute-An evaluation of selected poly(vinyl acetate) and acrylic adhesives., Studies in Conservation, 41, 19-44, 1996
- Product Information Comment: Rohm and Haas acryloid acrylic resins sheet.1986.
- Website address 1 Comment: www.rohmhaas.com