[Loos & Dillworth] A registered trademark of Hercules for a low molecular weight hydrocarbon resin. Regalrez® 1094 is a hydrogenated oligomer of styrene and alpha-methyl styrene. It is the base material in both Gamvar Picture varnish and UVS Finishing varnish.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Gamvar Picture varnish; UVS Finishing varnish; Regalrez 1094 (sp)
Soluble in petroleum hydrocarbons, turpentine. Insoluble in water, isopropanol, ethanol, acetone.
|Molecular Weight||Tg = 33 C|
Loos & Dillworth: Product listing J.Whitten, R.Proctor, "Recently Introduced Low Molecular Weight Resin Varnishes" AIC Painting Conservation Catalog, Varnishes and Surface Coatings, p.109, 1998.
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Paintings Specialty Group, Paintings Specialty Group, Painting Conservation Catalog, Wendy Samet (ed.), AIC, Washington, DC, 1998
- 20th Century Materials, Testing and Textile Conservation, 9th symposium, Harpers Ferry Regional, 1988
- Gordon Hanlon, contributed information, 1998
- Teri Hensick, contributed information, 1998
- Conservation Support Systems, Catalog, 1997
- Website address 1 Comment: www.herc.cgi-bin.Product2_query.idc