[Vinylamul Products, England] A registered trademark name for a series of vinyl acetate copolymer emulsions. Vinamul adhesives are used in textile conservation (Landi 1966).
- Vinamul® 6515: acetate/caprate, ratio = 85/15
- Vinamul® 6525: acetate caprate, ratio = 75/25.
- Vinamul® 3252: ethylene/vinyl acetate, heat seal temp = 70 C
- Vinamul® 9910:
° National Starch and Chemical: Vinamul Website° S.Landi, "Three Examples of Textile Conservation in the Victoria and Albert Museum" Studies in Conservation, 11(3), 1966.
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Jane Down, Maureen MacDonald, Jean Te'treault, Scott Williams, Adhesive testing at the Canadian Conservation Institute-An evaluation of selected poly(vinyl acetate) and acrylic adhesives., Studies in Conservation, 41, 19-44, 1996
- Book and Paper Group, Paper Conservation Catalog, AIC, 1984, 1989
- Meredith Montague, contributed information, 1998