[BASF] A brand name for a series of synthetic dyes. Zapon dyes are initially soluble in water and most organic solvents. However, they hydrolyze in water or air to form a stable, insoluble product. Zapon dyes are used in varnishes and paints.
Physical and Chemical Properties
Generally soluble in organic solvents.
Resources and Citations
- Kremer-Pigmente: Zapon dyes
- G.S.Brady, Materials Handbook, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1971
- Ralph Mayer, A Dictionary of Art Terms and Techniques, Harper and Row Publishers, New York, 1969 (also 1945 printing)
- E.J.LaBarre, Dictionary and Encyclopedia of Paper and Paper-making, Swets & Zeitlinger, Amsterdam, 1969
- Website: dyes - es.epa.gov/p2pubs/techpubs