Daylight fluorescent lamp
[General Electric] A brand name for a high efficiency Fluorescent lamp with a color temperature of 6500 K. Daylight lamps give a bluish white reflections on a neutral surface. In general, they blend with daylight and provide good color acceptance. The Daylight fluorescent lamp has strong blue and green lines causing red and orange colors to appear grayish.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Resources and Citations
- T.Brill, Light: Its Interaction with Art and Antiquities. Plenum Press, New York, 1980.
- ASTM, Standard Terminology Relating to Natural and Artificial Weathering Tests of Nonmetallic Materials, Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Section 14, General Methods and Instrumentation, ASTM, G113, 1371-1373, Sep-94
- Book and Paper Group, Paper Conservation Catalog, AIC, 1984, 1989
- Van Nostrand's Scientific Encyclopedia, Douglas M. Considine (ed.), Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 1976
- The American Heritage Dictionary or Encarta, via Microsoft Bookshelf 98, Microsoft Corp., 1998
- Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescent_lamp (accessed Jan. 6, 2006)