Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 07:25, 24 July 2013 by (username removed)
1) An insulating material or device used to reduce or absorb sound. See also deafening.
2) A matte coating used to dull the sheen or hue of a surface.
- Dictionary of Building Preservation, Ward Bucher, ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York City, 1996
- Random House, Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language, Grammercy Book, New York, 1997
- The American Heritage Dictionary or Encarta, via Microsoft Bookshelf 98, Microsoft Corp., 1998