A Solid, Liquid, or gaseous compound trapped within the matrix of another material, such as a crystal, Mineral, Ceramic, Metal, Paper, or Plastic. Inclusions, especially a large one or multiple small ones, may weaken the surrounding matrix.
Synonyms and Related Terms
sonim; inclusion (Fr.); inclusão (Port.)
- The American Heritage Dictionary or Encarta, via Microsoft Bookshelf 98, Microsoft Corp., 1998
- Walter C. McCrone, John Gustave Delly, The Particle Atlas, W. McCrone Associates, Chicago, IV, 1972
- Random House, Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language, Grammercy Book, New York, 1997
- Submitted information Comment: José Delgado Rodrigues, LNEC, 2009.
- A Glossary of Paper Conservation Terms, Margaret Ellis (ed.), Conservation Center of the Institute of Fine Arts, New York City, 1998