Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 13:04, 27 April 2013 by (username removed)
1) Common name for an impure mixture that contains about 50% acetone, 30% acetate methyl acetate and 20% methanol. Methyl acetone is used as a solvent for lacquers,and resins as well as a paint and varnish remover.
2) Synonym for ethyl ketone methyl ethyl ketone.
Miscible with most hydrocarbon solvents and oils.
Hazards and Safety
Flammable. Dangerous fire risk. Toxic by ingestion.
- G.S.Brady, G.S.Brady, Materials Handbook, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1971 Comment: p. 9
- Thomas Gregory, Thomas Gregory, The Condensed Chemical Dictionary, Reinhold Publishing, New York, 3rd ed., 1942
- Ralph Mayer, Ralph Mayer, A Dictionary of Art Terms and Techniques, Harper and Row Publishers, New York, 1969 (also 1945 printing)