Difference between revisions of "Paraloid B-67"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Description ==
== Description ==
Latest revision as of 13:35, 11 June 2020
[Rohm & Haas] A registered trademark for a clear, colorless, thermoplastic acrylic resin. Paraloid® B-67 (formerly called Acryloid® B-67 in the United States) is composed of an isobutyl methacrylate polymer. It contains a crosslinking inhibitor. Paraloid® B-67 yellows slightly with age. It is soluble in mineral spirits and is compatible with alkyd resins. Paraloid® B-67 is used for enamel paints, printing inks, clear varnishes and as a modifier to alkyd paints. It is supplied as solid pellets or as 45% solids solution in VM&P naphtha (Paraloid® B-67 45%). The same resin is also sold by the name Paraloid® B-67MT as a 45% solids solution in mineral thinner to provide a slightly slower drying speed.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Acryloid® B-67; Paraloid® B-67MT; Paraloid B67 (sp); Paraloid B-67 (sp); Acryloid B-67 (sp); Acryloid B67 (sp)
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Hardness: 11-12 (KHN)
- Softening point: Tg = 50 C
- Refractive Index: 1.486
- Density: 8.7
- Dow Technical Sheet
J. Down, M.MacDonald, J.Te'treault, S.Williams, Adhesive Testing at the Canadian Conservation Institute-An Evaluation of Selected Poly(Vinyl acetate) and Acrylic Adhesives", Studies in Conservation 41:19-44, 1996.
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Richard C. Wolbers, Nanette T. Sterman, Chris Stavroudis, Notes for Workshop on New Methods in the Cleaning of Paintings, J.Paul Getty Trust, Los Angeles, 1990
- Book and Paper Group, Paper Conservation Catalog, AIC, 1984, 1989
- Conservation Materials Ltd., Catalog
- Conservation Support Systems, Catalog, 1997
- Jane Down, Maureen MacDonald, Jean Te'treault, Scott Williams, Adhesive testing at the Canadian Conservation Institute-An evaluation of selected poly(vinyl acetate) and acrylic adhesives., Studies in Conservation, 41, 19-44, 1996
- Product Information Comment: Rohm and Haas acryloid acrylic resins sheet.1986.
- Website address 1 Comment: www.rohmhaas.com