Jump to navigation Jump to search
[Rohm & Haas] A registered trademark for a clear, colorless, thermoplastic acrylic resin. Paraloid® B-82 (formerly called Acryloid® B-82 in the United States) is composed of a methyl methacrylate copolymer with ethyl acrylate. Paraloid® B-82 is used for general purpose coatings. It is highly resistant to crosslinking but may oxidize with age (Feller, 1963). Paraloid® B-82 is supplied as solid pellets or as 51% solids solution in toluene (Paraloid® B-82 51%).
Synonyms and Related Terms
Acryloid® B-82; Paraloid B82 (sp); Paraloid B-82 (sp); Acryloid B-82 (sp); Acryloid B82 (sp)
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Soluble in Toluene, Xylene, Cellosolve® acetate, Methyl ethyl ketone.
- Molecular Weight = 120,000
- Tg = 35 C
Resources and Citations
- J. Down, M.MacDonald, J.Te'treault, S.Williams, Adhesive Testing at the Canadian Conservation Institute-An Evaluation of Selected Poly(Vinyl acetate) and Acrylic Adhesives", Studies in Conservation 41:19-44, 1996.
- Paintings Specialty Group, Painting Conservation Catalog, Wendy Samet (ed.), AIC, Washington, DC, 1998
- Product Information Comment: Rohm and Haas acryloid acrylic resins sheet.1986.
- Website address 1 Comment: www.rohmhaas.com