Jump to navigation Jump to search
[ICI, England] A trademark for transparent acrylic sheeting made from Polymethyl methacrylate. The equivalent U.S. material is sold as Plexiglas®.
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Can be electrostatic.
- More easily scratched than glass.
Resources and Citations
- 3A Composites: Perspex
- G.S.Brady, Materials Handbook, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1971 Comment: p. 11
- Hermann Kuhn, Conservation and Restoration of Works of Art and Antiquities, Butterworths, London, 1986
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspex (Accessed Nov. 9, 2005)