[Hercules Inc] A registered trademark for a series of low-melting hydroabietyl ester resins. Cellolyn® resins are used for lacquers, inks and adhesives. Cellolyn® 21 is a phthalate ester of hydroabietyl alcohol. It is added to BEVA as a tackifier.
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- G.S.Brady, Materials Handbook, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1971 Comment: p. 27
- Richard S. Lewis, Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 10th ed., 1993
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Meredith Montague, contributed information, 1998
- External source or communication Comment: L. Nieuwenhuizen, "Synthetic fill materials for skin, leather and furs", JAIC 1998, Volume 37, Number 1(10), pp. 135-145.
- Website address 1 Comment: www.herc.com