1) A hide or skin that has been cured with salt is called green salted.
2) A wood preservative composed of chromated copper arsenate. It is highly toxic.
3) Common name for uranium tetrafluoride which is a green crystalline powder.
Synonyms and Related Terms
greensalt; green salting
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Matt Roberts, Don Etherington, Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books: a Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington DC, 1982
- G.S.Brady, Materials Handbook, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1971 Comment: p. 834
- Thomas Gregory, The Condensed Chemical Dictionary, Reinhold Publishing, New York, 3rd ed., 1942