[Ablestik division of ICI] A registered trademark for a series of Epoxy adhesives.
- Ablebond® 342-1 - a two-part epoxy adhesive that was first manufactured in 1979 and discontinued in ten years later. The resin was a diglycidyl ether of bisphenol and the hardender was polyoxypropylene diamine. Cure is accelerated with heat.
° Ablestik Website
° C.V.Horie, Materials for Conservation, Architectural Press, Oxford, 1997, p.174.
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Product Information Comment: Product label and use in Objects Conservation lab
- Dictionary of Conservation Terms, European Union, 2003
- C.V.Horie, Materials for Conservation, Butterworth-Heineman, London, 1997
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Website address 1 Comment: www.ablestik.com/ablebond.html