Case glass

Jump to: navigation, search


Any of several types of glass containing two or more layers of glass, often in different colors, fused together. Case glass has a portion of the top layer ground away to show a contrasting image with the lower layer. See for example cameo glass and flash glass.

Synonyms and Related Terms

cased glass; cameo glass; flash glass; vidro de dupla camada (Port.)

Sources Checked for Data in Record

  • Dictionary of Building Preservation, Ward Bucher, ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York City, 1996
  • Random House, Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language, Grammercy Book, New York, 1997