An aromatic oleoresin obtained from the red pine, Pinus resinosa. Jura turpentine is produced from trees in the Vosges mountains in France and is not sold in the United States (Mayer 1969).
Synonyms and Related Terms
trementina de jura (Esp.)
R. Mayer, A Dictionary of Art Terms and Techniques, Harper and Row, New York, 1969.
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Helmut Schweppe, Schweppe color collection index and information book
- R. Mayer, The Artist's Handbook of Materials and Techniques, Viking Press, New York, 1981
- Ralph Mayer, A Dictionary of Art Terms and Techniques, Harper and Row Publishers, New York, 1969 (also 1945 printing)
- Dictionary of Building Preservation, Ward Bucher, ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York City, 1996
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus Online, http://www.getty.edu/research/tools/vocabulary/aat/, J. Paul Getty Trust, Los Angeles, 2000