Lining paper

Jump to: navigation, search
Wood block printed paper


Any paper used for covering or coating the inside surface of a box, trunk, or book. The lining paper is typically sized with adhesive then pasted onto to the box or board.

Synonyms and Related Terms

facing paper; paper liner; end paper; endpaper; pastedown

Additional Images

Sources Checked for Data in Record

  • The Dictionary of Paper, American Paper Institute, New York, Fourth Edition, 1980
  • E.J.LaBarre, Dictionary and Encyclopedia of Paper and Paper-making, Swets & Zeitlinger, Amsterdam, 1969