Obscure glass

Jump to: navigation, search


A general name for a semitransparent or translucent Glass that transmits light but provides privacy (Bucher 1996). Various surface patterns and textures are used.

See also Crackle glass, Ground glass, half-clear glass, Granulated glass, Jealous glass, Krinkled glass, Ondoyant glass,

Synonyms and Related Terms

verre foncé (Fr.); vidro fosco (Port.); figured glass; pattern glass

Additional Information

W. Bucher, Dictionary of Building Preservation, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1996.

Sources Checked for Data in Record

  • Dictionary of Building Preservation, Ward Bucher, ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York City, 1996