[Liquitex] A registered trademark for a series of glossy, satin, and matte picture varnishes. Soluvar varnishes are composed of a mixture of n-butyl and isobutyl methacrylates (Paraloid B-67 and F-10) resins. Soluvar varnishes are designed for use on colors polymer (e.g., acrylic, vinyl), paint casein, and tempera paintings.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Liquitex Soluvar Picture Varnish; Soluvar Gloss Picture Varnish; Soluvar Matte Picture Varnish
Soluble in Stoddard solvent, mineral spirits and turpentine.
Hazards and Safety
Soluvar Matte Picture Varnish: MSDS
Soluvar Gloss Picture Varnish: MSDS
Liquitex: Product information
Sources Checked for Data in Record
- Richard C. Wolbers, Nanette T. Sterman, Chris Stavroudis, Notes for Workshop on New Methods in the Cleaning of Paintings, J.Paul Getty Trust, Los Angeles, 1990
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Gordon Hanlon, contributed information, 1998
- Teri Hensick, contributed information, 1998
- Conservation Materials Ltd., Catalog
- Conservation Support Systems, Catalog, 1997