Jump to: navigation, search


A quick-drying, premixed, plasterlike material. Spackle is used for patching holes and cracks in Plaster. Originally a trademarked term, the word spackle is also generally used to refer to any spackling compounds.

Synonyms and Related Terms

spackling compound; joint cement

Sources Checked for Data in Record

  • Dictionary of Building Preservation, Ward Bucher, ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York City, 1996
  • Random House, Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language, Grammercy Book, New York, 1997

Retrieved from ""