Flexible glue

Revision as of 14:57, 21 August 2022 by MDerrick (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


An old term generally used for animal glue that contains an added plasticizer such as glycerol or sorbitol. However the softening and hygroscopic nature of the additives also left the glue more susceptible to mold. Synthetic adhesives with more desirable properties have replaced flexible glue in recent years (Roberts and Etherington 1982).

Synonyms and Related Terms

cola flexible (Esp.)

Resources and Citations

  • M.Roberts, D.Etherington, Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books: a Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC, 1982.

Retrieved from "https://cameo.mfa.org/index.php?title=Flexible_glue&oldid=91469"