Jump to navigation Jump to search
1) An unstandardized color term for a middle tone green.
2) A permanent pale green pigment composed of a mixture of viridian (chrome green oxide) diluted with aluminum hydrate.
Synonyms and Related Terms
verde folha (Port.)
Resources and Citations
- Ralph Mayer, A Dictionary of Art Terms and Techniques, Harper and Row Publishers, New York, 1969 (also 1945 printing)
- Henry Hodges, Artifacts: An Introduction to Early Materials and Technology, Ronald P. Frye, Kingston, Canada, 1988
- Kurt Wehlte, The Materials and Techniques of Painting, Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., New York, 1975
- R. Mayer, The Artist's Handbook of Materials and Techniques, Viking Press, New York, 1981