Jump to navigation Jump to search
1) [Polycell Products of ICI, England] A registered trademark for several types of white paste fill materials. Fine Surface Polyfilla® contains Calcium carbonate in a styrene-acrylate based polymer. The fine, soft paste dries in 30-60 minutes with minimal shrinkage. After drying the hard fill can be sanded or painted. Some of the other types of Polyfilla® are based on Polyvinyl acetate and/or Gypsum formulations.
2) [Selleys Pty Ltd, Australia] A registered trademark for used for several surface finishing and gap filling products.
3) [Lepage Limited, Canada] A brand name for a commercial wood fill material composed of plaster (calcium sulfate).
- Polycell: SDS
Acetone allows dried material to be softened.
Resources and Citations
- Polycell: Website
- Selleys: Polyfilla
- Le Page: Polyfilla
- Meg Loew Craft, Julie A. Solz, "Commerical Vinyl and Acrylic fill Materials", JAIC 37(1):23-34, 1998. Link
- Tom Rowland, Noel Riley, A-Z Guide to Cleaning, Conserving and Repairing Antiques, Constable and Co., Ltd., London, 1981
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Teri Hensick, contributed information, 1998