Flesh side

Revision as of 11:45, 15 January 2014 by GEthier (talk | contribs) (→‎Description)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


The underneath side of a skin as opposed to the outer hair or grain side. The flesh side of a split goatskin, called the flesher, is used to make chamois. The flesh side of a split Cowhide is called the split or hide split.

Synonyms and Related Terms

flesher; fleur side; lado de la carne (Esp.); revés (Esp.); vleeskant (binnenkant van een huid) (Ned);