Jump to navigation Jump to search
[Henkel-Adhesives (formerly Ablestik division of ICI)] A registered trademark for a series of Epoxy adhesives. The production shifted to Loctite then to Henkel-Adhesives
Former products include:
- Ablebond® 342-1 - a two-part epoxy adhesive that was first manufactured in 1979 and discontinued in ten years later. The resin was a diglycidyl ether of bisphenol and the hardender was polyoxypropylene diamine. Cure is accelerated with heat.
Resources and Citations
- Loctite-Ablestik 84-3: Website
- Loctite-Ablestik 342-3.5: website
- Loctite-Ablestik 342-37: website
- C.V.Horie, Materials for Conservation, Architectural Press, Oxford, 1997, p.174.
- Product Information Comment: Product label and use in Objects Conservation lab
- Dictionary of Conservation Terms, European Union, 2003
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997