Jump to navigation Jump to search
A rare, radioactive chemical element in the halogen family. Astatine isotopes occur naturally in uranium ores. Very little research has been done on Astatine since the lifetime for its most stable isotope is only 8 hours.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Physical and Chemical Properties
Soluble in organic solvents.
|Composition||At (atomic no. 85)|
|Melting Point||302 C|
Resources and Citations
- Richard S. Lewis, Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 10th ed., 1993
- Van Nostrand's Scientific Encyclopedia, Douglas M. Considine (ed.), Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 1976
- Random House, Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language, Grammercy Book, New York, 1997
- The Merck Index, Martha Windholz (ed.), Merck Research Labs, Rahway NJ, 10th edition, 1983 Comment: entry 889
- The American Heritage Dictionary or Encarta, via Microsoft Bookshelf 98, Microsoft Corp., 1998