[Conservator's Products, Chatham NJ] A variation on the mixture of BEVA® 371. BEVA® 371B is composed of Elvax (500 g), Ketone Resin N (300 g), A-C copolymer (EVA), Cellolyn 21 (40 gl) and paraffin dissolved in 1000 g of toluene.
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Soluble in naphtha, toluene, acetone and ethanol.
- Melting Point = 50-55 C
Resources and Citations
- P.Reeves, "Some Techniques of Textile Conservation including the Use of a Vacuum Hot Table: Advances in Chemistry, Series No. 164, 181-188, 1977.
- Book and Paper Group, Paper Conservation Catalog, AIC, 1984, 1989
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Meredith Montague, contributed information, 1998