Jump to navigation Jump to search
White, needle-shaped crystals that are used in dyeing textiles. Barium thiocyanate is also an ingredient in some photographic solutions.
Synonyms and Related Terms
- Highly toxic by ingestion.
- Contact with skin and membranes may cause irritation.
- American Elements: Info sheet
Physical and Chemical Properties
Soluble in water, ethanol.
|Composition||Ba(SCN)2 - 2H2O|
|Molecular Weight||mol. wt. = 253.49|
Resources and Citations
- Richard S. Lewis, Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 10th ed., 1993
- The Merck Index, Martha Windholz (ed.), Merck Research Labs, Rahway NJ, 10th edition, 1983 Comment: entry 1027